Sechanalyagh/thank you to everyone who submitted their questions and feedback on the Nexwagwezʔan – Dasiqox IPCA Community Vision over these past five months. We’ve received numerous e-mails, in-person comments from our information sessions in Williams Lake and Big Creek, our tabling at Tsilhqot’in gatherings and a presentation to the Cariboo Regional District, and nearly 2,500 pledges of support (including one from David Suzuki!).
Our next step is to put together a summary report of what we’ve heard, including an FAQ, for Xeni Gwet’in and Yunesit’in leadership, which will also be shared with the public via this website in the coming months – notifications will also be sent out on our e-newsletter list and our Facebook & Twitter accounts. We will also be sharing what we learned at our upcoming community workshop sessions in the six Tsilhqot’in communities in October & November.
The information collected will inform the next step in the Nexwagwezʔan – Dasiqox IPCA management planning process for 2018-2019, with another round of public feedback to follow.
You are welcome to contact us at email@example.com or via our contact form at any time if you have any questions or comments, and we will be continuing to post updates about this process on our site.
- Tsilhqot’in Rising, Pique News Magazine, September 28, 2018 [David Suzuki visit to the Dasiqox IPCA area]
- Cariboo Regional District Meets to Hear More About the Proposed Dasiqox IPCA, mycariboonow.com, September 7, 2018
- B.C. court okays Taseko’s exploratory drilling in Indigenous park for rejected mine project, The Narwhal, August 28, 2018
- Letters: Support, trust in process on proposed Dasiqox IPCA boundaries, Williams Lake Tribune, August 17, 2018
- Columns: IPCA envisions non industrial scale forestry, Williams Lake Tribune, July 6, 2018
- Dasiqox IPCA information meeting Wednesday, Williams Lake Tribune, June 1, 2018
Photo credit: Keith Koepke